The HEATER team is pleased to announce the first in its series of webinars.
'Heat Solutions in Rural Areas'
Wednesday 9th February 2022
1:00pm – 2:00pm
HEATER is an EU NPA Cluster Project combining the following projects:
• HANDIHEAT (Northern Ireland Housing Executive)
• SMARTRenew (Letterkenny Institute of Technology)
• TechSolns, SENDoc (Ulster University)
• eLightHouse (Oulu University of Applied Sciences)
The partnership with these organisations aims to collaborate and cluster the transnational outputs from previous projects to educate and empower local communities to effect positive, behavioural change and inform decision makers to influence policy across climate change mitigation and adaptation and sustaining communities.
This event will showcase the innovative outputs and renewable energy pilots featured in HANDIHEAT, SMARTRenew and eLightHouse projects, and will address the challenges of finding heat solutions for rural, sparsely populated areas within the NPA region. We aim to educate and inform rural and vulnerable householders on the potential energy solutions available to them.
• Robert Clements, Northern Ireland Housing Executive (HANDIHEAT)
Pilot: Hybrid boiler/ASHP, Battery Storage and deep retrofit, Pilot: Hybrid boiler/ASHP, Battery Storage and deep retrofit, rural Fermanagh community, how HANDIHEAT has evolved – tariff change/ behaviour change
• Dr Nick Timmons, Letterkenny Institute of Technology (SMARTRenew)
Pilot: Heat Solutions from SMARTRenew Project.
• Anu Montin, Oulu University of Applied Sciences (eLightHouse)
Pilot: Retrofitting of public buildings, Domestic energy retrofit, e.gs Scotland and Sweden.
REGISTER ON EVENTBRITE HERE: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/heat-solutions-for-rural-areas-tickets-251140988457